Thursday, October 4, 2012

Woof!

I am a lover of dogs.  I really am - their wagging tails and fluffy selves make me so happy.  I can honestly say I've never met a dog I don't like (and this is a strong statement because there are lots of things I don't like).  I grew up with dogs and they have always been a big part of my life.  Recently, I started living on my own so I lost a fluffy roommate.  Don't worry, the dog is still alive but it was my roommate's dog so obviously the pup is living with her now.  Sad, I know!  She is the best.  Always listened to me whenever I had something to say, never judged me, was always there ready for cuddles or a belly rub...and really her unconditional love and enthusiasm for life was so precious and endearing.  I loved coming home to see her tail wagging furiously and for her to welcome me like this was the best part of her day.  Of course I still get to see her quite a bit, but it's not the same as having a dog in your life everyday.

For the past year, I have been debating with the idea of getting a puppy.  But the idea of potty training, the vet bills, and overall time commitment keeps holding me back.  While I would love a fluffy pup to call my own, I want to make sure I can provide a good home for it first and foremost.  Of course, my work also plays a part.  I have the tendency to need to travel for work, so this has proved to be a major hindrance.  So far, my practical side has won and told me I should wait to get a dog once my life is more settled. 

But then I see pictures like this, how can you say no to a face like that?!  Total heartstring pull, le sigh. 

So in the meantime, as I continue to wrestle with the idea, please let me know if you need a dog sitter (and you are local to the Northern VA/Washington D.C area).  I am always on the lookout for making new furry friends.  Furry friends are the best kinds of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment